The Braithwaites

The Braithwaites
Jun 2010

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Finding Spring in the Fall









This has been an exciting fall.We had a great Halloween , not too many sicknesses, and a surprise visitor ,A mountain lion in our garage and on our deck.Pretty cool right!? It was actually kind of scary. Abby saw it in our side yard ,one morning, climbing up our rocks to the neighbors yard she said to Ashton"I just saw the biggest cat" .After realizing what it was we were on the look out later that weekend I was cutting some boards in our garage , Isaac was out there with me, and I heard a noise in the corner of the garage ,every time I turned the saw on .It scared me a little,so I thought I would put the dogs in the garage to scare or eat what ever it might be.About 2 am we heard a loud crash in the garage ,of course I made Reed go check,because I was too freaked out.I also heard an spooky kind of howling sound.Reed said the dogs were in the corner where I heard the noise,but they were fine .We didn't think much until the next morning when we could see that something had broken through the window in the garage .Something very big. I guess the dogs must have scared it out.Reed and Aliza saw it on the deck the next night ,but we have not seen it since .Hopefully he has moved on.
I also ran the St.George Marathon And finished in 4:57 31 . It was a lot of fun!

We also found Spring,Our lost dog, which disappeared from our home 8 mo. ago ,along with one of her puppies.Someone found her by the freeway ,tied up to a post with a shoe lace.There was no sign of the puppy .Aliza had wanted me to pray,just a few days before we found her, that we would find her.The faith of a child is amazing.In the end we let her stay with her new owner ,who is unmarried with no children.The thought of us taking Spring from her almost gave her a brake down,so our family disgust the problem and felt that was best.We got to go visit her ,and take some pic's .I know she is very happy,and is totally spoiled.We are so glad that she is alive and well.


We just finished a nice ,small Thanksgiving, with our family ,Grandpa, and Scott and Stephanie.It was nice and I thought it was comparatively quite to other more crazy Thanksgivings,but Stephanie had a really hard time with the noise .Oh well that's who we are.What can ya' do.


All in all everything is great .The kids a doing well.Ashton has discovered the joy of reading through the "Twilight saga" He loves them ,and is on the 3rd book.I can't believe I am actually telling him to put a book away and go to sleep .It is AWESOME!!


Abby is doing well .Her teacher LOVES her and thinks she is an angel.She is doing well with her work.


Amelia was moved into Abby's class last week.We had a hard time with her teacher .She is much happier in the same class with Abby.


Ammon has been struggling with reading and at his last IEP I felt like it was the exact same thing that we went through with Ashton 5 yrs ago.We know he has dyslexia,but the school won't do anything special to help him,so I have decided to go into the school twice a week to tutor him one on one. I really hope and pray this makes a difference.We are catching this a lot earlier than we did with Ashton(11).I hope I am up for the challenge.


Aliza is great and here long term substitute adores her .She is still really struggling with speech ,but making progress.She is such a doll!!!


Isaac is talking more and more all the time,and we all have so much fun with him.He is rapidly approaching 2 ,and he knows it . He has discovered tantrums and is not afraid to use them.He is adorable.


Everything else is great ,and we are looking forward to Christmas.We had a great time in SL visiting family,and going to Jared's wedding.Reed's mom made a great early Thanksgiving dinner for us .We had a good time.My kids love Grandma's cooking.Ta Ta for now.

3 comments:

Dione said...

I can't believe you guys found Spring! I wonder what she's been up to. Thanks for the Thanksgiving invite. I wish we could have come. We had a nice dinner with Glen & Tori's family. The girls even made up a dance for old times sake.

ellie may said...

Sounds like a crazy fun season for you guys! :) good job on the marithon!! I hope to be able to run in one some day. how crazy cool to have that lurkin around your house.. although I guess buying new window isn't the most fun, but its not every day you get to see those. haha i laughed so hard at what abbie said to seeing that, definitely something a barbie would say ;). I miss you guys so much! come visit soon :) Merry Christmas

Nozerrita Refried Beans

Susan Brady said...

We live in South Jordan, River Ridge 4th Ward. Earl and Julie Seegrist live in our ward. Are you related. I am aware this is a big family, you look like you could belong. You have a beautiful Family. Susan Brady